UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE IN 3D ANIMATION IN JAPAN SCHOLARSHIP
There are several undergraduate programs in 3D animation in Japan, but obtaining a scholarship can be competitive and challenging.
Studying degree in animation in Japan gives you hands on experience in the field and also an experience of learning from the industry expert. The bachelor’s degree in animations, study program includes courses in figure drawing, visual effects, animation techniques, design in action, screen cultures etc.
Here are some steps that you can take to increase your chances of securing a scholarship for an undergraduate degree in 3D animation in Japan:
Research Available Scholarships
Look for scholarships offered by universities, government organizations, private foundations, and other institutions. Check their eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and selection criteria. Other research method could include surfing the university websites, subscribing in academic and professional mailing lists, browsing the websites of scholarship providing foundations, checking regularly scholarship and grant databases, looking up governmental funding websites, checking out fundraise on crowd funding portals. Always make sure to know where to look, work hard and prepare in advance always keeping motivated. Make sure you stand out from others.
Apply to Universities with Strong 3D Animation Programs
Look for universities with a strong reputation in 3D animation, such as Tokyo University of Technology, Kyoto University of Art and Design, and Osaka University of Arts. More of such universities is listed below:
- Tokyo Designer School (Toukyou Dezaina Gakuin)
Located at Suragadai Chiyoda-ku Tokyo this school is amongst the best animation school not only in Japan but in the entire world. The school covers lot many genres of designing to meet the industries’ needs.
- Yoyogi Animation School (Yoyogi Animeshon Gakuin)
This school located at Yoyogi Shibuya-ku, Tokyo is Japan’s largest animation as well as art institute which also is said to be in the top ten list of best animation colleges and schools in the world. To enroll in this school, one has to have a great command of the Japanese language.
- Toei Animation Institute (Toei Animeshyon Kenkyuujyou)
Toei is one the best animation institute in Japan and its campus is located in Surugadai Kanda Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. The institute is famous for the development power as well as its class apart strategies to produce comparable sales.
- Tokyo Animation School (Toukyou Animeta Gakuin)
If you dream to become an animator, voiceover artist, or cartoonist this school is the best for you. The school is located at Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, and is also one of the best in Japan. To get admission here one should have at least passed high school graduation.
- Kyoto Seika University
Kyoto is a private university in Iwakura, Kyoto, Japan founded in the year 1968 and started its operation in the year 1979. The school is known worldwide for its faculties which are a major part of manga as well as anime that involves teaching and taking the candidate a benchmark ahead.
- Tokyo Media Academy (Tokyo Anime Seiyu Senmon School)
The Tokyo media academy is located at Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, and is considered a very homely school. The main idea of the academy is to support the student so that their dream comes true. Each year they accept about 155 students into the university foe courses available in the university.
Meet the Eligibility Criteria
Most scholarships require a minimum GPA, language proficiency. An aspiring animator should have an artistic bent of mind with a lot of passion and imaginative skills. Creativity is the most wanted quality for this career as animation starts with developing an idea to a story. Make sure you meet these requirements before applying.
Prepare a Strong Application Package
The application package typically includes academic transcripts, recommendation letters, a statement of purpose, and a portfolio of your 3D animation work. Make sure your portfolio showcases your skills and creativity.
- Try not to miss the closing date of the required concert. Try to apply on time to be able to advance your chances of getting the scholarship.
- Know what the panel wants and try to work your application around it. You could try to research on the donor of the scholarship as must scholarship of different school have specific donors who sponsor it and try to add some appealing thing that you learned about the donor to create and enticing scholarship.
- Spend some time refining your written statement. Keep your written statement as concise as possible. Don’t use words for the sake of it.You should be using no more than 1,000 words for your written statement, but keep it as concise as possible. Don’t use words for the sake of it. The panel has a lot of applications to read, so the more succinct you can be, the better.
- Make it personal, but keep it relevant. The panel assessing your application wants to get to know you; to get an idea of who you are, not just your ability to address selection criteria.
- Consider your competition
- What sets you apart? Why do you deserve or need the scholarship more than your peers? Try to be as appealing and worthy of the scholarship as possible. If your scholarship is aimed at a specific course, consider that you’ll be up against other applicants in the same field. What sets you apart? Why do you deserve or need the scholarship more? Think about how you will demonstrate this and stand out from the crowd.
Some scholarships have early application deadlines. Make sure you submit your application well before the deadline to avoid missing out on the opportunity. Pushing the task to the very last minute will give uncertainties a chance to seep in. Moreover, you will be faced with a time crunch – increasing your chance to be more prone to making errors. So, don’t let stress get in the way of your hardwork and perseverance. Apply for all scholarship forms as early as possible. As soon as online scholarship forms are sent out, you should direct their focus on preparing for the exams.
Network with scholarship providers
Attend scholarship fairs, networking events, and conferences to connect with scholarship providers and learn about new opportunities. It is also important to keep an open mind and be accepting of the comments and opinions of others. Do not be too defensive when someone’s idea is not aligned with yours. Try looking at things from a different perspective, and you might discover something new. Nobody likes someone who constantly takes and doesn’t give anything back. So don’t make the mistake of thinking that people should offer you something before you do something for them. Be sincere when giving. And gifts could be tangible things such as a relevant book, or intangible ones like compliments and moral support. Be confident of your skill sets and what you can offer to others. The last thing you want to do when trying to connect with someone is to boast and end up not being able to deliver. Be yourself, be real, and people will respect you for that, nobody likes someone who constantly takes and doesn’t give anything back. So don’t make the mistake of thinking that people should offer you something before you do something for them. Be sincere when giving. And gifts could be tangible things such as a relevant book, or intangible ones like compliments and moral support.
Remember, obtaining a scholarship for an undergraduate degree in 3D animation in Japan is competitive, so it’s important to put in the effort to stand out from other applicants. Studying 3D animation at the undergraduate level in Japan offers a unique opportunity to learn from industry professionals and gain hands-on experience in a cutting-edge field.
There are many scholarships available for international students, which can help cover the cost of tuition and living expenses.
If you are interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree in 3D animation in Japan, research the scholarships available and take the time to carefully prepare your application.