HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED FOR AN INVESTOR VISA
As an investor willing to invest so as to garner an investor there are things to put in place. The amount needed for an investor visa varies and depends on the nature of the business the investor creates or directs.
Although, there are no minimum amount to invest from in E-2 visa, you could start from 100,000. The current minimum investment amount is $1.8 million unless you invest in a Targeted Employment Area. In a Targeted Employment Area, you must invest $900,000. A targeted employment area is a rural area or an area that’s experienced high unemployment. In this case, high unemployment means at least 150 percent of the national average unemployment rate. The reason the U.S. government requires only half the investment in Targeted Employment Areas is largely to encourage investors to boost employment rates.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, to qualify a substantial amount, the funds must be:
- A big combination of assets or funds that can be placed at commercial risk to generate a profit, and which can be subject to partial or total loss in the case of the investment failing
- Able to satisfy the total costs of purchasing or establishing an enterprise, including building renovation, erection, daily operational costs and permits.
- Sufficient to ensure an investor’s financial commitment to the business’ success
- Higher than the lower initial enterprise costs
- Enough to suggest that the treaty investor can develop the enterprise into a successful one
- Documented, and it must be proved that the funds have been obtained legally.
For renewing the E-2 visa you need to be fully educated because getting the visa and renewing it is kind of connected.
The E-2 visa limit is 2 to 5 years depending on the treaty’s agreement. The USCIS checks the investor’s business to see if investments are being made and the subsequent money being put in. They have a certain framework for judgment of the business. It should be able to create employment opportunities, generate revenue, investments maintenance, support the entire family and establish some credibility within the economy.